Saturday, April 18, 2009

if I stay by gayle forman

A little excursion with her family on a school snow day turns tragic for seventeen year old Mia. Mia recounts the aftermath of the car accident involving her family and life memories for the next 24 hours as she lies in a coma. Her eloquent story sharing about family, friends, boyfriend, disappointments, and ambitions and hospital visits weigh in as she makes the ultimate decision, whether to stay or to go.

Ages: 14 and up

Comments: This is a heart wrenching book with arresting characters. As I read this book I found myself thinking about what my decision would be if I had to choose whether or not to remain in the world if I had suffered so much loss and had extensive physical injuries.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

[chill bumps]. Wow. On my must read list.

Thank you, Cindy!

Bonnie said...

I finally read (listened to) this one...adored it. Exceptionally well written with a perfectly crafted ending. Awesome rec, Ms. Cindy!